Serenity Health Training Institute programs are NOT PELL GRANT ELIGIBLE. However, Serenity Health Training Institute does accept other funding sources that you may be eligible for assistance including the following:
MICHIGAN REHABILITAION SERVICES (MRS)
Serenity Health Training Institute currently accepts Training Authorizations from Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS) customers for health care training programs. Please visit MRS office for eligibility and orientation information or visit their website at: https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs.
T&I Credit Union
Student Loan Partnership Program
PATH REFERALS-WAYNE, OAKLAND AND MACOMB
Serenity Health Training Institute currently accepts referrals or Individual Training Accounts (ITA) from various PATH programs. If you are currently participating in a PATH program and receiving cash assistance from DHS, contact your local Michigan Works agency to determine if you are eligible for financial assistance for vocational training through the PATH Welfare-to-Work program.
CNA TRAINING EMPLOYER SPONSORSHIP
Serenity Health Training Institute is now in partnership with CIENA Healthcare to provide Nurse Aide training and certification with flexible class schedules to accommodate your busy schedule. Candidates may apply for a job at the location of their choice and upon hire CIENA will pay for their tuition to attend Nurse Aid classes. As a Nusre assistant trainee, CIENA is willing to pay for their Tuition to attend Nurse Aide classes as well as paying an hourly wage during training at Serenity. Please note that there is a minimum commitment of 6 months of full-time work to qualify for this program.
FOOD ASSISSTANCE EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING PROGRAM (FAE&T)
City of Detroit Residents who receive Food Stamp Assistant (SNAP/Bridge Card) and meet the following guidelines may be eligible to enroll in the Serenity Health Training Program:
- 18-49 years of age
- Do not have Dependents on the bridge Card.
- Do not receive any type of government income
Students on the west side of the City should go to the following Michigan Works office to start their eligibility process. Inform the office of your intention to enroll in Serenity Health Training Institute Program.
Detroit at Work
NW Detroit Area One Stop
Northwest Activity Center
18100 Meyers, Detroit, 48235
MICHIGAN WORKS AGENCIES
We accept Tuition Payments from all Michigan Works Agencies for the WIOA, (PATH)-Welfare-to-Work, Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS) and the Food Stamp Assistance (FAE) Programs. Listed below are Michigan Works Offices in your community.
Visit your local “Michigan Works!” Career Centers for information about financial assistance for low-income or under-employed adults, dislocated workers and youth under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA). Serenity Health Training Institute programs are ITA eligible and will accept Visa/Comp Cards for payment. Funding may be limited in your area and is subject to area funding eligibility. Contact your local One Stop Career Center to verify funding availability.
CITY OF DETROIT-(DESC) Michigan Works!
One Stop Career Centers
- SW Area Detroit One Stop Career Center – 9301 Michigan Ave, Detroit, 48210
- NW Detroit Area One Stop - Northwest Activity Center –18100 Meyers, Detroit, 48235
- East Detroit Area One Stop Career Center – 5555 Conner St, Detroit, 48213 .
MACOMB COUNTY-Michigan Works! Agencies
- Clinton Township Career Center – 43630 Hayes Rd, Suite 100, Clinton Township, 48038 • Mt Clemens Career Center – 75 North River Rd, Mt. Clemens, 48043
- Roseville Service Center – 15950 Twelve Mile Rd., Roseville, 48066
- Warren Service Center – 27850 Van Dyke Rd, Warren, 48093 • Port Huron Service Center – 100 McMorran, 6th Floor, Port Huron, 48060
OAKLAND COUNTY - One Stop Career Centers
- Oak Park Career Center – 22180 Parklawn #105, Oak Park, 48237
- Southfield Career Center – 21415 Civic Center Dr #116, Southfield, 48076
- Troy Career Center – 550 Stevenson Hwy, Suite 400, Troy 48083
- Job Link Career Center – 1850 N. Perry, Pontiac, 48340
- Highland Career Center – 2218 S. Milford Rd., Highland, 48357
- Waterford Career Center – 4241 Steffens Rd, Waterford, 48329
- Novi Career Center – 31186 Beck, Novi, 48377
WAYNE COUNTY - (SEMCA) Michigan Works!
Visit the following websites for information on services in your area:
- Livonia Service Center – 30246 Plymouth Rd, Livonia, 48150
- Wayne Service Center – 35731 W. Michigan Ave, 48184
- Dearborn Service Center - (Access) 6451 Schaefer, Dearborn, 48126
- Southgate Service Center DCC – 15100 Northline Rd, Suite 179, Southgate, 48195
- Monroe Service Center – 1531 N Telegraph Rd, Suite D, Monroe, 48162
- Highland Park Service Center – 144 E. Manchester, Highland Park, 48203
- Grosse Pointe Career Center – 17888 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe, 48230
To find a Michigan Works! Service Center in your area
To learn about various health care training programs in Michigan
Michigan Rehabilitation Services