Southfield Campus: 20245 W 12 Mile Rd. Suite 217, Southfield, MI 48076 | (248) 828-6562
Flint Campus: 2255 S. Linden Road, Building 1 Suite A, Flint MI 48532 | (810) 265-7753
Our PCT program is a combination which offers training in both the Nurse Aide, Phlebotomy and EKG to allow the student a more diverse exposure and the option to choose a career path that would be most beneficial to easily attain their career goals.
Serenity Health Training Institute’s Combination training program is designed as a pre-Nurse course and prepares the student for an entry- level position on the Nurse career ladder. Instruction is presented in the basic sciences as it relates to the human body and health. The combination of theory and skill development is utilized during the student's training experience with emphasis on caring for a wider variety of patients. Under the supervision of highly trained instructors, the student will receive adequate training that emulates the environment and functionality that a PCT would encounter in a typical daily activity. These practices complement classroom instruction as well as the internship experience. As per state requirements, the clinical portion of the class is conducted under the supervision of a highly trained instructor.
This program prepares a student to acquire skills as a Patient Care Technician. Patient Care Technicians assist and support patients to attain maximum functional independence as well as assisting clients with their personal care and daily living tasks. Nurse Assistants work closely with residents in hospitals, long-term care facilities and adult day care centers. This combination-training program helps an individual serve in versatile fields of the Medical profession, hence providing wider employment opportunities.
There is an increasing need for cross- trained health care workers in all types of health care facilities. This Program builds upon the basic nurse aid skills to develop a person with advanced skills. This program covers Medical Terminology/Abbreviations, Phlebotomy, EKG, CPR, Wound Care, Glucose Monitoring, Hemocult Testing, Vital Signs and Isolation Techniques, Activities of Daily Living and Urinalysis.
This is the latest trend in health care reengineering. Patient Care Technicians can be employed in hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians’ offices, sports medicine facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, rehabilitation facilities, clinics, physical therapy departments, industrial clinics, medical laboratories and walk-in treatment centers.
Total Clock Hours: 130Hours
Duration/Schedule of classes: 14 Weeks
1. Day Classes (2 weeks) Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 5:30 pm
Second Week Clinical- Wednesday/Thursday 6:45 a.m. – 3:45 pm (site to be determined).
2. Evening Classes (3 weeks) Mon – Fri. 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Class Didactic First Week: Mon– Thurs and Second Week Mon/Tues from 5:30 p.m. – 11:15 p.m.
Class Lab Second Week Wed/Thur & Third Week Mon/Tues 5:30 p.m. – 11:15 p.m.
Third Week Clinical- Wednesday/Thursday 6:45 a.m. – 3:45 pm (site to be determined).
3. Weekend Classes (6 weeks) Saturdays, 9:30am – 6:30pm
Class Didactic Weeks 1-4; Lab Weeks 4/5; Clinical Wednesdays/Thursdays after the 6th Saturday
1. Day Classes (7weeks) Thursday and Fridays (10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
2. Evening Classes (7weeks) Wednesday and Thursday, (5.00pm - 9.30pm)
3. Weekend Classes (7weeks) Saturdays and Sundays (10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Day class (8 weeks) Fridays 12:00pm-4:00pm
Evening class (8 weeks) Fridays 4:30pm - 8:30pm
Curriculum includes but is not limited to the following.
Upon successful completion of this Combination program and passing the State as well as the applicable National examinations, candidates receive the designation of Patient Care Technician.
Classes (TBA) Call for more information.
Sign Up Online or Come In-Person (by appointment only). We will contact within 72-hours.
1. Patient Care Technician Program Tuition $2,795 to include the following:
● Application Fee
● Professional liability insurance for 16 weeks
● Course Didactic
● Course Lab
● School Identity Card
● School Patch
2. Black scrubs - At Student’s expense but can be bought at school for $25.00
3. BLS Certificate- At Student’s expense but can be done at school for $75.00.
4. Background check- At Student’s expense but can be done at school for $20.00.
5. Passed Urine Drug screening- At Student’s expense but can be done at school for $20.00
6. TB test PDP result - At Student’s expense
7. Clinical Externship Fee - $100
8. NHA PCT Certification exam $200
9. Lab Kit $125
10. Phlebotomy NHA Exam $160
11. EKG NHA Exam $160
12. CNA Certification HD Master $135
Please note the following exclusion:
1. Michigan State Police Background check fees are not included in tuition.
2. Uniforms are not included in tuition.
3. Drug screening are not included in tuition.
4. TB screening are not included in tuition.