Southfield Campus: 20245 W 12 Mile Rd. Suite 217, Southfield, MI 48076 | (248) 828-6562
Flint Campus: 2255 S. Linden Road, Building 1 Suite A, Flint MI 48532 | (810) 265-7753
Telemetry Tech or EKG technicians work in healthcare facilities with doctors and technologists and specialize in electrocardiogram (EKG) testing for patients. EKG machines are complex devices that monitors the heart's performance. This is done by attaching wires and electrodes to a patient's chest, arms and legs.
Telemetry Techs also reads and interprets lethal cardiac rhythms. Telemetry Technicians are growing in great demand and play a key role in dealing with patients with cardiac issues. Telemetry Tech program is 8 weeks long, after students successfully complete the course they are eligible to schedule and sit for the national exam on site. Study material included in tuition.
Curriculum includes but is not limited to the following topics:
Lead placement and acquisition of the 12-Lead Electrocardiogram
Upon successful completion of the EKG program and passing the National Examination, a student becomes a CET.
Program Cost covers:
Total Clock Hours: 40 Hours
Lab Hours: 10 hours
Duration/Schedule of classes:
Day class (8 weeks) Fridays 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Evening class (8 weeks) Fridays 4:30pm - 8:30pm
Sign Up Online or Come In-Person (by appointment only). We will contact within 72-hours.
1. Telemetry Technician Training Tuition $995 to include the following:
● Application Fee
● Professional liability insurance for 2 weeks
● Course Didactic
● Course Lab
● School Identity Card
● School Patch.
2. Black scrubs - At Student’s expense but can be bought at school for $25.00
3. Background check- At Student’s expense but can be done at school for $20.00
4. Drug Screening- At students expense but can be done at school for $20.00
5. TB test PDP result - At Student’s expense
6. Telemetry Certification Exam NHA- $160
Please note the following exclusion:
1. Michigan State Police Background check fees are not included in tuition.
2. Uniforms are not included in tuition.
3. Drug screening are not included in tuition.
4. TB screening are not included in tuition.